Curriculum and Technology Integration Specialist
Under the direction of the Middle School Director, this position promotes the use of technology to support student achievement in the PreK-12 classroom.
The Curriculum and Technology Integration Specialist collaborates with instructional and technical staff to support, manage, and optimize the use of instructional software and network resources to support excellence in 21st century teaching and learning. This skilled professional works primarily with teachers and with both the school’s Technology Team and Academic Administrators.
The Curriculum and Technology Integration Specialist will:
- Inspire and collaborate in the development and implementation of a shared vision for the comprehensive integration of technology to promote excellence and support 21st century transformational change throughout the instructional environment.
- Assist teachers in using technology effectively for assessing student learning, differentiating instruction, and providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging learning experiences for all students.
- Deliver direct classroom instruction to lower and middle school students.
- Create and support effective digital age learning environments to maximize the learning of all students ?
- Model and promote digital citizenship. ?
- Demonstrate professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions in content, pedagogical, and technological areas as well as adult learning.
- Work collaboratively with the Makerspace Coordinator to inspire and foster a MPA maker mindset.
Basic Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience delivering and integrating technology in instructional programs
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of teaching techniques, curriculum, and professional development
- An understanding of key learning theories and methods of instruction, and their relation to technology integration
- Ability to work collaboratively with school personnel, students and the larger school community ?
- Ability to learn new technologies independently ?
- Experience with research and information literacy
- A master’s degree in Education from an accredited institution (or from a master’s level program in educational technology or information studies from an accredited or recognized institution)
- Understanding of principles of whole-child, progressive education
- Knowledge and experience in programming, coding, using media, design, and digital fabrication tools and software
- Experience with design thinking and with Makerspace mindset and technology
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, three (3) current (dated within the last 12 months) letters of reference, transcripts, and salary history to:
or mail directly to:
Mounds Park Academy
ATTN: Middle School Office
2051 Larpenteur Avenue East
Saint Paul, MN 55109
Application materials are due by the end of the business day on Wednesday, March 8, 2017.Please indicate the position title in the subject line. Only candidates who include a cover letter and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered. No phone calls please. Mounds Park Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Upper School English Teacher
Mounds Park Academy, a vibrant and diverse PreK–12 independent school, seeks a full-time Upper School English teacher for the 2017–2018 school year. English teachers at MPA are responsible for providing a classroom instructional program that supports the individual needs of all students in accordance with the school’s mission and values. We seek individuals with experience in teaching high school age students with one or more degrees in an English related subject.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Teach at least three (3) Upper School English classes
- Incorporate and work through multi-source and multi-draft student work
- Create and use lesson plans and syllabi as per MPA English Curriculum Review
- Inspire students to enter into the creative process in classes
- Supervise, encourage, counsel, and evaluate students
- Create an effective classroom environment
- Utilize and incorporate available academic technology for instruction
- Communicate and meet with students and parents during scheduled conferences and as necessary
- Participate in English Department and staff development activities
- Show a willingness to contribute to the life of the school outside of the classroom
- Perform additional duties as needed (serve on school-wide committees, advise a student club, etc.)
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Admirable leadership skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Substantial organization skills
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
Mounds Park Academy is a PreK–12 independent school in Saint Paul that serves approximately 500 students from throughout the Twin Cities area. For 35 years, Mounds Park Academy has engaged students in a rigorous college preparatory experience that is rooted in whole child education. Students are challenged to apply their understanding to stir the human spirit, stand for justice, and be a positive change in the world. This is what we call rigor with purpose and it grounds our students in the radical idea that their identity in the world is not measured by a test score, but rather by the depth and decency of their impact on the world.
Mounds Park Academy is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the Twin Cities. Information about our school can be found at www.moundsparkacademy.org. Please submit a letter of interest, professional resume, and three professional references to: email@example.com