Dream Big. Do Right.
- We invite you to learn more about MPA by visiting our campus.
- Learn what families, children, and alumni have to say about their time at MPA.
- Follow MPA on Facebook for current happenings.
You are a freethinker. A free spirit. A risk taker. A right maker. A dreamer. A doer.
For 34 years, Mounds Park Academy has engaged students in a rigorous college-preparatory experience that cultivates dreamers and doers. Our academic program is demanding, but not draining, and goes far beyond memorization. Students are challenged to apply their understanding to stir the human spirit, stand for justice, and shake the world. This is what we call rigor with purpose and it grounds our students in the radical idea that their identity in the world is not measured by a test score, but by the depth and decency of their impact on the world.
Every new day, you stand aware of the possibilities. Ready to push the limits of your own capacity for innovation, kindness, and respect.
MPA students dream big, roll up their sleeves, and take risks to build their creative confidence. They apply the principles of design thinking to collaboratively create real-world solutions. Extraordinary access to the latest technology allows them to transform the wildness of their imagination into inspiration for others. Students are encouraged to question the answers and by doing so, they find confidence in their voices and are ready and willing to speak.
You are on an immersive journey. To feel a sense of wonder. A joy of learning. To find a place where you can explore your own differences while learning, living, and thriving together.
At MPA, our educational experience is designed to inspire and energize. Students of all ages feel great about school and treat each other with respect. They develop meaningful, collaborative relationships across grade levels. Students are self-directed, internally motivated, and as proud of their own accomplishments as they are of their classmates'. Only through this type of positive, supportive community are students able to ultimately discover who they are truly meant to be.
Facts and Figures
- Accredited by and a member of the Independent Schools Association of the Central States
- Member of the National Association of Independent Schools
- Member of the College Board
- Grades PreK through 12
- Enrollment: Approximately 475 students in one building
- Average class size: 17 students
- College-preparatory, 100 percent admitted to 4-year colleges and universities
- Safe, nurturing environment
- Laptop program for Grades 9-12
- Block scheduling for Grades 5-12 for fewer interruptions and transitions, and allowing for a deeper level of intellectual inquiry
- Teachers and students focus on collaboration rather than competition
- Experiential, hands-on learning
- 32+ acre campus in Saint Paul
- Multiple outdoor learning labs including a pond and rainwater gardens
- 89 activities including fine arts, academics, social awareness, and athletics
- Winning athletic teams
- 246,000 square foot facility, including athletic fields, tennis courts, track and field stadium, a state-of-the-art four-court sports center with raised running track
- Transportation options
- Hot lunch program
- Financial assistance available for those who qualify