Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Applicants
- Ask two teachers to each complete one of the recommendation forms for applicants to Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten. If the Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten applicant does not have two pre-school teachers, ask one other adult who is not a relative but knows the applicant well (e.g. music instructor, coach, religious education instructor, etc.) to complete and submit the recommendation form. These forms are held in the strictest confidence and will be used in the admission process only and will not be part of the applicant’s permanent academic file nor shared with the parents/guardians or applicant. Ideally, these recommendation forms are being completed after January 1, 2013.
- Submit a copy of the applicant’s birth certificate.
- Attend a Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten information meeting for parents: On Thursday, January 24, 2013 there will be a meeting to discuss the details of the interview, screening, and play visit components of the admission process for Kindergarten. Further details regarding this meeting will be sent to you in the mail. There will also be a meeting to discuss the details of the interview, and play visit components of the admission process for Pre-Kindergarten. The PreK Information meeting for parents will be held on Thursday, January 31, 2013. Further details regarding this meeting will be sent to you in the mail.
- For the 2013-2014 academic year, Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten students are recommended to have a pre-school screening done through the school district in which they live or by the child’s pediatrician. Once the screening is done, a copy of the results/paperwork needs to be submitted to the Office of Admission.
- Pre-Kindergarten applicants are not required to have a Gesell assessment. All PreK students must participate in a scheduled play visit.
- Kindergarten students are required to participate in a play visit. Kindergarten students have a partial assessment (screening), with a full assessment completed if the child has a summer birthday.
- Required play visits will be scheduled beginning in February/March 2013. More details and an opportunity to sign up for a play visit will be available to all applicants.
- Tour and conversation with Director of Admission is recommended for all PreK–Grade 4 applicants.
Please note: Admission decision letters for new students will be mailed on Friday, April 5, 2013