June 14, 2011
Congratulations to the following 2011 Senior Award winners!
The Kreischer Bowl
Winner: Laurel Schwartz
The Kreischer Bowl is awarded annually to a member of the Senior Class who, through the application of imagination, perseverance, and high ideals, exemplifies the dream of the founders of Mounds Park Academy.
- Citizenship, exemplary conduct
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Giving of time and talent
- Positive influence on the school
- Promotes the school
- Commitment to academic excellence
Sandy Kreischer Smith Senior Woman’s Leadership Award
Winner: Avalon Levey
This award was established to permanently acknowledge the contribution that Sandy Kreischer Smith has made to the founding, organization, and administration of Mounds Park Academy through her unique leadership qualities.
- Takes initiative and is a self starter
- Is willing to take risks and is self confident
- Is reliable, always willing to help
- Is independent and spirited
- Is able to transform ideas into reality
- Is a role model outside the traditional roles/expectations
- Provides leadership to all
Paul B. Chmelik Men’s Leadership Award
Winner: Matthew Guiang
This award permanently acknowledges the contributions that Paul D. Chmelik made to the Upper School at Mounds Park Academy.
- High ethical standards
- Orientation to service, both to individuals and the community
- Sense of humor
- Sense of fairness and integrity
- Shows leadership by example