Planned Giving - MPA Legacy Society
The MPA Legacy Society honors those families and individuals who have made provisions for Mounds Park Academy in their estate plans. Your generosity will provide for the school’s future, ensuring that generations to come benefit from MPA’s innovative, supportive, and challenging learning environment. Regardless of the size of your gift, your legacy contribution will have a lasting impact on promising young students for generations to come. Founded in 1982, Mounds Park Academy has been inspiring the joy of learning for more than 30 years. To continue this work, the MPA Legacy Society honors the foresight of those who make a planned gift.
BORN OF A DREAM AND A SHOESTRING
a message from Dr. Bill Hudson
Joanne Olson, MPA’s first Lower School director, is fond of saying that MPA was born “of a dream and a shoestring.” What started as the dream of founders Bob Kriescher and Sandy Kriescher Smith, quickly became the dream of parents and educators from across the Twin Cities. Bob, Sandy, our founding teachers, board members, and parents pooled what resources they could muster to make their dream a reality on a shoestring budget that would have a lasting impact.
Sandy Kriescher Smith once shared with me that she used a small bequest ... read more >
MPA WELCOMES PLANNED GIFTS SUCH AS:
- Charitable Bequest (provision in your will) – Include MPA in your will or revocable trust, a simple, flexible way to maximize your legacy to the school.
- Retirement Asset – Donate a percentage of your retirement funds to MPA and receive considerable tax advantages.
- Life Insurance – There are several ways to use life insurance to benefit the MPA: Make an outright gift with an existing insurance policy, purchase a new policy and name the school as the beneficiary, or assign ownership of the policy to the school. Use life insurance to replace the value of another charitable gift in your estate.
- Charitable Lead Trust – Make a significant gift to MPA now while passing on an appreciated asset to your loved ones.
- Charitable Remainder Trust – Create a trust that pays you for a specified period of time and make a gift of the remainder to MPA.
MPA Legacy Society Members
|Karen and George* Benz||Jerry and Gail Neren|
|Fosten and Beverly Boyle*||Ford and Catherine Nicholson|
|Dana Boyle||Richard and Nancy Nicholson|
|Jenean and Peter Cordon||Jesse Okie and Mary Harrington|
|Nan Etzwiler and Dan O’Neill||Christopher '95 and Danielle Parish|
|Beth and David Finch||Brent and Melissa Peacock|
|Robert* and Suzanne Flotten||Wade Peterson '87|
|James and Cindy Gardner||Chris and Dwight Porter|
|James and Joan Gardner||Jennifer Rogers|
|Lance ’93 and Betsy (Brewer) ’95 Harris||Susan and Bill Sands|
|Scott and Jennifer Holloway||Mary Ann Smith*|
|Bill Hudson and Ross Olson||Sandy Kreischer Smith|
|Robert Kreischer||Glen Taylor|
|Isaac Marshall '11||Camille and Louis Wainwright|
|David and Susanna Meyer||Donald and Esther Williams|
|Peter and Karla Myers||*Deceased|
Planned Giving Committee
Melissa Peacock, Chair
Legal Name: Mounds Park Academy
Address: 2051 Larpenteur Avenue East
Saint Paul, MN 55109
Tax ID #: 41-1420915
Org. Exempt Status: 501(c)(3)
For more information or to join the MPA Legacy Society, please contact Jennifer Rogers, Director of Development and Community Engagement, at email@example.com or 651-748-5532.