Financial Aid Instructions
Thank you for your interest in Mounds Park Academy for the 2017-18 academic year. You may begin to apply for financial aid starting on December 1, 2016 as described below. To be considered for financial aid at Mounds Park Academy, you must complete your online application and submit all required tax documents electronically to TADS. The financial aid budget is limited, so complete your application as soon as possible to be considered for an award.
We use TADS to process financial aid applications. Based on the financial information you provide in the online application, TADS provides the school with an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This estimate is a starting point to help MPA make equitable and objective financial aid decisions. To begin your financial aid application for the 2017-18 school year, please follow the steps below. (Please note: You only have to complete one online application, even if you have more than one child applying.)
COMPLETING YOUR ONLINE TADS APPLICATION
- Starting on December 1, 2016, go to www.mytads.com
- Click on the “Financial Aid Assessment” button
- You will create a new account using your preferred e-mail address and a password of your choosing
Returning parents: You will use your email and password created during enrollment or prior financial aid application .
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS YOU MUST SUBMIT ONLINE WITH YOUR FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION
You must submit the following documents in addition to your completed online financial aid application:
- In an effort to ease the burden of financial aid application for our families, we accept current year or prior year taxes. Therefore, please provide a signed copy of either your 2015 or 2016 Federal Income Tax Return IRS form 1040 (or equivalent) if you are the parent(s), stepparent or guardian(s). Be sure to include copies of all supporting Miscellaneous Schedules filed with your tax return.
- Copies of all W-2 or 1099 forms for 2016 from parent(s), stepparent or guardian(s).
- If you are self-employed or own a business, you must submit copies of your Schedule SE or E and your Schedule C form – or any S Corporation additional forms you file along with your 2016 tax return that are related to your business.
- For situations where the non-custodial parent is not in the child’s life, you must complete the Non-custodial Waiver Request Form (notary required) and upload to TADS.
If you have any questions on how to upload your documentation to TADS, please contact their Customer Service Department at 800-477-8237 Monday - Friday 8 AM - 8 PM, Saturday 9 AM - 4 PM, and Sunday 10 AM - 4 PM.