Malone Family Foundation Scholarship
Mounds Park Academy was selected in the spring of 2012 by the Malone Family Foundation as one of 11 schools in the nation to receive a $2 million endowment for the funding of educational opportunities for students who show enthusiasm and motivation for academic excellence and whose family demonstrates financial need. This is an extremely prestigious opportunity to serve highly talented students.
The Malone Family Foundation was founded in 1997 by Dr. John C. Malone, a well known communications and media executive and investor, and his family, with one principal objective: to improve access to quality education—particularly at the secondary school level—for extraordinary students who lack the financial resources to best develop their talents.
Mounds Park Academy is pleased to offer academically strong and motivated students the opportunity to apply for a Malone Scholarship. Students applying for admission to grades seven through 10 for the upcoming year are eligible to apply. The amount of the award will vary according to the financial need documented by the student’s family. The amount that the scholarship covers will vary from year to year depending upon funds available.
Who should apply for the Malone Family Foundation Scholarship?
Students applying for admission to grades 7–10 who meet the following criteria:
- Malone Scholars should be high achievers (generally top 5% of their class)
- Malone Scholars should be highly involved and independent learners.
- Malone Scholars should be effective communicators.
- Malone Scholars should act with respect and integrity.
- Complete the Malone Scholarship Application.
- Request a Malone Scholarship Teacher Recommendation.
- Complete the Mounds Park Academy Admission Application.
- Complete the Mounds Park Academy Indexed Tuition Application, as a way to demonstrate financial need.
2024-25 School Year Application Timeline
September 15, 2023: Indexed Tuition and admission applications opens. Malone Scholar applicants asked to submit all required information and documents as soon as possible after this date.
February 15, 2024: Deadline to complete Malone Scholarship Application, MPA Admission Application, and MPA Financial Assistance Application.
March 29, 2024: Malone Scholarship selection made and decisions communicated to families.
- All financial assistance information is confidential.
- Students applying for the Malone Scholarship must provide proof of U.S. citizenship.
- If an applicant is not awarded a Malone Scholarship, he or she will still be considered for admission and Indexed Tuition.
- For more information about applying, please call Alli Capasso, assistant director of admission for Middle and Upper School, at 651-748-5519 or email@example.com.
How does the Malone Family Foundation select schools for the Scholars program?
The Malone Foundation researched independent schools across the country and invited schools to apply for the endowment. The Malone Family Foundation selected Mounds Park Academy on the basis of our scholastic record, our college matriculation history, our enriched academic and extracurricular offerings, as well as our geographic location in an area not already served by their endowments.