International Student Tuition and Fees
International students are fully supported—academically, socially, and emotionally—throughout their time at MPA. We offer a very well-developed and thoughtful approach to supporting international students. An MPA education offers students an authentic, dynamic American high school experience while also providing students with the programmatic support most often found only in international schools..
|Tuition for 2018-19
International Student Tuition and Fees Breakdown (all figures are in US Dollars)
|Upper School Tuition||$28,500|
|International Student Program Fee||$13,250|
The following services are covered by the international program fee. These benefits, often extremely limited or nonexistent in other international programs, are proudly offered at MPA:
- Dedicated International Student Program Coordinator (Sarah McFarland) who serves as an advisor, teacher, and confidant to all international students on a daily basis, and regularly monitors their academic achievement.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) course with a 6:1 student to teacher ratio for all international students, built into the curriculum as a World Language credit towards graduation.
- Given MPA's emphasis on public speaking, college preparatory writing, and higher Lexile level reading, students work one-on-one or in small groups with Sarah McFarland throughout the entire duration of their MPA experience.
- College application support, particularly with primary college application essays and supplemental writing essays.
- Social, emotional, and cultural acclimation support including assistance in connecting international students to domestic students, faculty and administration, and co-curricular activities.
- Transition assistance both as students come into our community and ongoing to assist students in forming connections within the school and the Twin Cities.
- Academic transition assistance and ongoing support to ensure students understand American education standards and expectations, both at secondary and postsecondary levels
- Daily hot lunch, with culturally and religiously sensitive options.
- Summer orientation and events throughout the year to help support new and returning students.
- Selection of high quality host families, including quarterly home visits and ongoing host family/student relationship support.
- Translation services provided for international student or parents, including both in person conversations and with documentation translation.
- Visa and immigration assistance and documentation support.
For more information on international student program tuition and fees, please contact the Office of Admission.