Join us for Lunch at MPA!
The next admission event being held on campus will be Lunch at MPA on Tuesday, March 13 from 11:30 AM-1 PM. This casual event will be a wonderful opportunity to get to know Mounds Park Academy and tour the spaces that matter most to your family. Make plans to attend! Register today!
Another way to visit is by scheduling a personal tour. Call the Office of Admission at 651-748-5577 or email us to schedule a day and time that works for your family. This is the most personal and in-depth way to get to know Mounds Park Academy. You will meet the people and see the spaces that inspire children to dream big and do right.
Upon entering campus from Larpenteur Avenue, park in any available space. Enter the building through the South Entrance (Door #1), behind the flagpole.
A campus tour is your opportunity to see the heart and soul of MPA. Over the course of your tour, we’ll introduce you to the people and show you the spaces that matter most to you. You'll come with questions and leave with a better sense of MPA.
Tours are offered daily at 8:30 AM or by appointment. Please email or call us to schedule your personal campus tour.
Join us on campus during a regular school day to meet school administrators over a casual meal and tour the campus to see our students and teachers in action.
2018-19 Lunch at MPA Events
Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 11:30 AM-1 PM
Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 11:30 AM-1 PM
MPA Previews are structured programs that allow prospective students and parents to get a broad sense of what makes Mounds Park Academy a unique place to learn and grow. You will follow a schedule that allows you to learn more about our unique blend of academics, athletics, and the arts. You will meet the people and discover the place where children of all ages experience a genuine joy for learning, an innovative approach to education in a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, all while surrounded by peers, faculty, and administrators who encourage them to become their best selves.
All of our Previews have been held for the school year. Please find many other opportunities to visit campus on this page.
Our most comprehensive method for a prospective student and family to visit MPA, shadow visits offer the student an opportunity to spend nearly a full day with a current student as they move from class to class, lunch, and school activities. Additionally, family interviews and admission assessments and/or writing samples will be scheduled during a shadow visit. MPA's school day runs from 8 AM to 3 PM. Shadow visits will be scheduled between 7:45 AM and 4:30 PM with family interviews, assessments, and/or writing samples being scheduled after school. These visits are generally reserved for students who have applied for admission.
There's no better way to truly get to know Mounds Park Academy than to attend an on-campus performance. Discover how MPA students feel the soul of the arts at a vocal or instrumental music concert, or ultimately find who they are meant to be on the stage or the athletic field. Performances showcase MPA students' exceptional talent and bring to light the commitment of our dedicated performing arts directors, coaches, and faculty members. No RSVP necessary unless specifically noted.
- Homecoming: Lansing Sports Center and North Athletic Fields, September 29, 2018
- Upper School Instrumental Concert: Nicholson Center, November 8, 2018
- Upper School Vocal Concert: Nicholson Center, November 14, 2018
- Middle School Play: Walk Two Moons: Black Box Theatre, November 16-18, 2018 (Please contact the Office of Admission for complimentary tickets)
- 6-8 Band, Orchestra, and Vocal Concert: Nicholson Center, December 4, 2018
- Boys and Girls Basketball Spirit Night: Lansing Sports Center, December 14, 2018
- Upper School Winter Show: Haroun & the Sea of Stories: Black Box Theatre, January 17-19, 2019 (Please contact the Office of Admission for complimentary tickets)
- Upper School Art Show Reception and Cabaret Concert: Gallery and Cafeteria, February 6, 2019
- MPA Maker Fest: Makerspace, February 23, 2019 2018 (Please contact the Office of Admission for complimentary tickets)
- Upper School Band Concert: Nicholson Center, February 27, 2019
- Upper School Vocal Concert: Nicholson Center, March 4, 2019
- Lower School Art and Music Night: Gallery and Nicholson Center, April 11, 2019
- Spring Musical: Chicago: Nicholson Center, April 25-27, 2019 (Please contact the Office of Admission for complimentary tickets)
- Middle School Vocal Music Concert: Nicholson Center, May 2, 2019
- Middle School and Upper School Orchestra Concert: Nicholson Center, May 9, 2019
- Middle School Art Show Reception and Middle School and Upper School Band Concert: Gallery and Nicholson Center, May 15, 2019
- Upper School Art Show Reception and Upper School Vocal Concert: Gallery and Nicholson Center, May 22, 2019
- Senior Service Project Fair: Lansing Sports Center, June 3, 2019
Prospective families are welcome and encouraged to attend any MPA Panthers athletics events. A full weekly schedule can be found here. Prospective students in grades PreK-4 are also invited to be an MPA Basketball Lower School Kid of the Game. Click here to sign up.
Kindergarten is a pivotal time in a student’s academic development and a common entry point at Mounds Park Academy. As a result, we offer specific visit and assessment opportunities designed with prospective kindergarten students and their parents in mind.
All applicants for kindergarten must complete a “play visit” during which the student will be observed in a play setting with other prospective and current students and be assessed separately by a faculty member using the Gesell developmental assessment. Dates fill quickly—parents are encouraged to RSVP as early as possible as spaces in kindergarten may fill prior to later dates listed below. We ask that all play visits be scheduled at least one week in advance.
Dates for kindergarten assessments for 2019-20 applicants are as follows. All visits are conducted in the morning. Please contact the Office of Admission for additional details.
- December 5, 12, and 19
- January 9, 16, 23, and 30
- February 6, 13, and 27
- March 6 and 13
- April 3, 10 and 24
- May 1, 8, 15, and 22