Long-Term (12-Weeks) 1.0 FTE Middle School Science Substitute Position
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Estimated time frame is November 6, 2017 – February 2, 2018
- Teaching 7th Grade Life Science and 8th Grade Earth Science.
- Serving as a 7/8 student adviser, including teaching a Design Challenge course and a Science Club elective
- Bachelor’s degree in education, science, or a related field.
- Successful experience teaching in a Middle School setting.
- Ability to challenge and engage students.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to MPA’s mission and philosophy of whole child education.
- Master’s degree.
- MN teaching licensure in 5-8 science.
- Experience in independent schools.
Send cover letter, resume, two (2) current letters of reference (dated within the past 12 months), copy of licensure, and transcripts to: email@example.com
Application materials are due by the end of the business day on September 11, 2017. Mounds Park Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
Extended Day Assistant
Grades K-8 Extended Day Assistant: This is a part time (12 month) position working with students in Pre-K-Grade 8 after school, on school release days, and during the summer. The ideal candidate should be able to work as part of a team, supervise and work well with students, and effectively communicate with parents. In addition, this candidate should also have the ability to plan and implement interactive activities for children. The candidate must be committed to the MPA philosophy. This position is not eligible for benefits.
Experience with school age children
Minimum two years experience working in a daycare/extended care setting and/or other educational setting
Please send cover letter, resume, references
Or mail directly to:
Mounds Park Academy
ATTN: Lower School Hiring
2051 Larpenteur Avenue East
Saint Paul, MN 55109