Thank you for your interest in employment at Mounds Park Academy! The environment here is diverse, collaborative, creative, and innovative for students, faculty, and staff. Here, you will be challenged to become your best self while simultaneously encouraging all those around you to dream big and do right.
Mounds Park Academy is seeking a highly motivated professional for its assistant director of admission. Reporting to the director of admission and communication, this person will serve as a key member of the admission and communication office and will be an active participant in ensuring the health and vitality of the school through the recruitment of new families and the enrollment of new students.
In close partnership with the director of admission and communication, this position is responsible for nurturing relationships with prospective families, authentically sharing the tremendous value of an MPA education, and assisting families through a holistic yet rigorous application process.
- Engage with prospective families to learn what they are seeking for their children and illustrate how MPA may align with that
- Accurately, persuasively, and authentically communicate the MPA value proposition through phone calls, emails, campus tours, admission events, and admission interviews
- Encourage prospective families to move from one stage of the admission process to the next
- Help families navigate the Indexed Tuition application process
- Communicate with prospective families diligently and sincerely
- Present prospective students to admission committees, clearly articulating how the prospective student will enhance the MPA community, and working collaboratively to identify students who will thrive
- If not already, become a master user of Ravenna to track and report on all enrollment data and engagement
- Serve as a thinking and planning partner to the director of admission and communication
- Perform other duties as assigned by the director of admission and communication
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, education, business, or non-profit administration
- Five or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated success in an admission, communication, and/or education setting
- Tangible experience of having worked with families who are passionate and knowledgeable about best practices in a progressive and/or private school education
- Applicants with experience in a private or independent school and/or teachers who wish to leave the classroom but remain intimately engaged in a school setting are encouraged to apply
- Passion for what is good for children and families—an exceptional fit with MPA’s joyful, inclusive, innovative, and respectful culture
- Persuasive and strategic communicator with exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills and a keen attention to detail
- Ability to engage with a wide range of ages and build long-term relationships
- An out-of-the-box thinker who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, positive, and willing to learn
- Exceptional customer service skills that are consistently applied to every member of the MPA community
- Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to think independently and critically, anticipate needs, multitask, and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional, integrated team
- Flexible and adaptable style—a leader who can positively impact our school community
- Knowledge of Ravenna and TADS preferred
- Knowledge of admission principles and processes preferred
Email a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Application materials are due by the end of the business day on February 3, 2020. Interviews will be held the week of February 10 and this position begins March 2 or 18.
This is a full-time, year-round, salaried position with a generous benefits package including a tuition remission for qualified children. Occasional nights and weekends should be expected. Applicants wishing to work less than 40 hours each week will also be considered.
Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply as Mounds Park Academy is dedicated to better reflecting our student body and the Twin Cities area through this addition to our exceptional faculty and staff. Information about the school can be found at www.moundsparkacademy.org.