Thank you for your interest in employment at Mounds Park Academy! The environment here is diverse, collaborative, creative, and innovative for students, faculty, and staff. At MPA, you will be challenged to become your best self while simultaneously encouraging all those around you to dream big and do right.
Our school has made significant investments to help mitigate the health risks associated with COVID-19. Nearly our entire community is masked, we are diligently engaged in physical distancing, cleaning and sanitation protocols are extensive, density has been reduced by half in Middle and Upper School, and upgrades to our HVAC systems ensure that the air in every space is circulated two or three times per hour. Every student, faculty, and staff member take part in twice-daily health screenings and temperatures are checked at each entrance. We have a robust contact tracing plan that ensures a swift and rigorous response should anyone experience any symptoms. Through these many layers, we aim to make our community as safe as possible throughout COVID-19.
Mounds Park Academy seeks a part-time PreK Assistant Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. The primary responsibilities of this position are to effectively engage students in a PreK learning environment under the direction of a lead teacher. The hours for this position would be noon-5:30 PM daily.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Effectively engage students in a learning environment under the direction of the lead teacher.
- Provide direct supervision to students from three to five years old.
- Collaborate with classroom teacher on planning PreK lessons and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree from a two-year program from an accredited community college or technical college in child development or early childhood education.
- At least 1040 hours of experience as an assistant teacher, aide, or intern.
- Two years’ experience in a PreK program.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply as Mounds Park Academy is dedicated to better representing our student body and the Twin Cities area through this addition to our exceptional faculty and staff.
Please submit a letter of interest, professional resume, and professional references (dated within the past 12 months), and transcripts of undergraduate or graduate work to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mounds Park Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
Mounds Park Academy seeks an in-person, full-time Upper School (grades 9-12) Learning Specialist as a long-term leave replacement through at least December 18, 2020. The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide direct academic support to students with unique learning needs, serve as a conduit of communication between the School and families, and to collaborate with teachers to provide support to their students.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
- Provide in-person, one-on-one and small-group support/instruction for students in a variety of academic subjects (math, English, social studies, science, etc.)
- Provide testing accommodations for classes
- Utilize appropriate teaching strategies to support exceptional learners
- Attend and contribute to student support meetings as needed
- Report regularly to parents on student achievement and progress
- Support faculty by offering resources, assistance, advice, and training to enable them to provide accommodations and incorporate best practices to better meet the needs of all learners
- Coordinate accessibility to audiobooks and assistive technology.
- Develop and maintain communication and documentation protocols related to learning support (create, update, and maintain student support plans as needed)
- Assist with requesting accommodations for student standardized testing in concert with the Director of Guidance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Special Education
- Secondary teaching experience as a learning specialist or in a related role.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in writing
- Experience using technology as a tool
- Interpret educational/psychological assessment reports
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with students, faculty, staff, admin, and parents
- Commitment to the MPA mission and philosophy of whole child education
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working in independent schools
Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply as Mounds Park Academy is dedicated to better representing our student body and the Twin Cities area through this addition to our exceptional faculty and staff. Information about our school can be found at www.moundsparkacademy.org.
Please submit a letter of interest, professional resume, and three professional references (dated within the past 12 months) to: email@example.com. Application materials are being accepted until the position is filled. Mounds Park Academy is an equal opportunity employer.