Thank you for your interest in employment at Mounds Park Academy! The environment here is diverse, collaborative, creative, and innovative for students, faculty, and staff. Here, you will be challenged to become your best self while simultaneously encouraging all those around you to dream big and do right.
Mounds Park Academy seeks an individual that would enjoy an inclusive school setting in which they will interact with a large number of people: parents, faculty, staff, and students. This full-time Business Office role works closely with Admissions and is responsible for maintaining the student billing and financial assistance databases. This role has frequent contact with parents regarding student accounts. In addition, this role is responsible for accounts payable, petty cash, and general ledger work. The position reports to the Mounds Park Academy controller.
- Student Billing – Monthly maintenance of TADS (tuition billing software) and manual entry of direct tuition payments and miscellaneous optional charges. Reconciliation of monthly billing, payment, refunds, and other activity related to student accounts. Set up enrollment agreements, respond to enrollment and billing inquiries in a timely manner, make changes to enrollment agreements and billing accounts as requested.
- Financial Assistance – Process financial assistance applications, answer applicant questions and provide the Chief Financial Officer reports for award review. Input awards into TADS. Work with families on billing arrangements and account set up.
- Collections – Follow up on past due accounts and work with families to minimize write-offs.
- Accounts Payable – Process invoices on a weekly basis; this includes matching purchase orders and packing slips to invoices, entering invoices into Financial Edge, and processing checks. Research invoices that do not have proper backup and maintain invoice files. Process credit card statements, support individuals who use the credit card program, and reconcile credit card allocations monthly. Process employee reimbursements/expense reports. Issue 1099s.
- Petty Cash – Track cash receipts and disbursements through petty cash. Support customers with cash boxes for large events.
- Other – Perform special accounting projects as needed.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and highly organized with a very keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to think independently and critically, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional customer service skills that are consistently applied to every member of the MPA community (fellow employees, families, and vendors).
- Proactively works to anticipate and complete tasks.
- Two-year accounting degree required.
- Minimum five years’ accounting experience.
- Very strong technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office; accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger software packages.
- Flexible and a willingness to support other team members, including receptionist, when needed.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- A sincere commitment to MPA’s mission and the willingness to be a visible, enthusiastic brand ambassador. Passion for what is good for children and families. A fit with the MPA’s joyful, inclusive, respectful culture.
- TADS and/or BlackBaud systems experience.
Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and a list of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Application materials are due by the end of the business day on April 17th, 2020.
This is a year-round position with a generous benefits package including a tuition remission for qualified children. Position hours are 7:00 am to 3:30 pm on school days with flexibility on non-school days. Occasional nights/weekends may be necessary.
Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply as Mounds Park Academy is dedicated to better reflecting our student body and the Twin Cities area through this addition to our exceptional faculty and staff. Information about the school can be found at www.moundsparkacademy.org.