College Admission Interview
Below are some common questions you will most likely encounter during an admissions interview. Practice so you are able to answer each question easily and succinctly.
- Tell me about your college selection process.
- What important factors shaped your search process?
- What major influences have affected your search?
- What attracts you to this college/university?
- What do you know about this college/university?
- What schools have you visited/what are your reactions?
- How will you make your college choice?
- Tell me about your career goals.
- How would you describe your high school experience?
- Tell me your senior schedule of courses.
- Has school been challenging for you, or easy?
- What were your favorite courses? Why?
- What were your least favorite courses? Why?
- How much do you study on a daily basis? When do you study?
- What activities keep you busy outside of class?
Would you do anything differently?
- Have you received any honors or special recognition?
- What activities do you plan to pursue in college?
- Tell me about any unusual accomplishments or experiences.
- What books have you read recently and how did they influence you?
- What else should I know about you or your college search?
Compiled by Brian Peterson, Hamline University