Dress Code & Physical Education Uniforms
We believe that students should dress appropriately for the school environment and that clothing should express respect for oneself and others. Above all, decency is required of all members of this community.
- Clothing must be appropriately modest for a PreK-12 school.
- Hats may not be worn in the school building during the school day.
- Students must wear shoes while at school. Athletic shoes with cleats are not to be worn inside the building.
- All images, logos or language on clothing must be in agreement with MPA’s established community values and policies (Code of Ethics, Respect Policy, Respectful Discourse). Pants/shorts/skirts should not have writing across the back.
Students are expected to comply with any requests made by a staff member regarding issues of appropriate dress. MPA staff retain final authority on determining what is appropriate dress for school.
- First infraction – A warning and directed to change (usually all that is required)
- Second infraction – One hour detention
- Third infraction – Additional detention and a parent communication
- Appropriate and clean tennis shoes with laces, i.e. running, cross trainers, or indoor court shoes. These shoes must have non-marking soles.
- Shorts—preferable athletic styles, but anything which does not restrict activity—no boxers.
- No sleeveless shirts of any sort for either boys or girls. T-shirts—no tears, holes, etc.—standard length, fall below the belt-line when arms are raised.
- Sweat pants, wind pants and sweatshirt or jacket.
- If hats are worn, they must be baseball-style only.