Grade Rep Program
A Grade Rep is a parent or guardian who agrees to serve in a voluntary role on behalf of a grade for the entire school year.
The basic roles and responsibilities that all Grade Reps share include:
- Connecting with the other Grade Reps volunteering for the grade and determining how the responsibilities can be shared.
- Connecting with the teachers for the grade at the beginning of the school year to see if there are any needs that the Grade Reps can communicate to and/or coordinate with the other parents in the grade. Depending on the teacher(s), Grade Reps may be asked to coordinate in-class parties or other volunteer activities during the year.
- Fostering a sense of community in the grade by getting acquainted with the other families and encouraging grade level and MPA participation and community building.
- Planning at least two grade socials per year. Typically one social is a family event and one is for parents only.
- Attending MPAPA All School meetings if possible.
- Attending MPAPA Division meetings for the applicable grade level (i.e., Lower School, Middle School, Upper School) .
Grade Reps play an important role in supporting and fostering the strong sense of community we enjoy as MPA families.
If you are interested in volunteering to be a Grade Rep, please contact the Parents Association President at firstname.lastname@example.org.