Parents Association Events
The Parents Association proudly offers a number of community building events throughout the year. You can volunteer in the following ways:
- First Day of School Coffee: Stay after drop off the first day for coffee and conversations with friends old and new. You can also join us to take a walk immediately following coffee.
- Faculty and Staff Appreciation Events*: Parents provide meals and snacks for faculty and staff during conference weeks, gift wrapping before Winter Break, and pop-up events, to show our appreciation.
- Lower School Class Parties*: Each Lower School class gets a chance to celebrate Halloween and Valentine's Day with a party during the school day, hosted by the PA.
- Parent Education: Learn about and discuss current issues of interest around child development, parenting, and education, usually specifically tailored for Lower, Middle, or Upper School.
- Middle School Snow Tubing: All of Middle School gathers off-site to snow tube and have a day of fun.
- Book Festival*:A well-loved MPA tradition designed to promote the joy of reading. There are a range of activities during Book Festival. Sales of books (new and used) benefit the school library.
- Cultural Celebrations*: Celebrating and educating our community about the range of cultures represented within the MPA community through food and fun enrichment activities.
- Grade-Level Socials: Community-building get-togethers held at the beginning and end of the school year, grade-level specific and planned by grade representatives.
- Upper School Snacks: Snacks are provided by the PA for Upper School students during finals.
- Moving Up Ceremonies: A formal ceremony of students moving up from Lower School and Middle School in the Nicholson Center.
* Denotes events requiring a chairperson and planning committee