College Financial Aid
Financial aid reigns as a major concern for the college-bound. Designed to help students and parents gain a better understanding of financial aid, Top Ten Financial Aid Questions outlines ten important questions parents and students should ask admission and financial aid counselors at the colleges and universities they are considering.
Top Ten Questions
- What application materials are needed to apply for financial aid, and does the college require its own form in addition to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)?
- What are the deadlines for submitting financial aid forms?
- When will I be notified of my financial eligibility?
- Will my request for financial aid have any impact on my ability to be admitted to college?
- Describe your financial aid program, including requirements for need-based aid, merit-based aid and scholarships.
- Once my financial aid package is awarded, will additional scholarships reduce the amount of financial aid I can receive?
- Will your institution meet my full financial need, and will it meet my full financial need for all four years of my attendance?
- Are there state financial aid programs that I should know about?
- Does this college participate in a tuition payment plan that allows installment payments for each semester’s bill?
- Where can I find additional sources of financial aid?
Prepared by National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)