October 8, 2020
Due to our essential COVID-19 safety measures, we are unable to host Grandparents and Special Friends on campus next week or gather as a school community for any type of live performance. Instead, we are excited to offer a virtual week aimed at celebrating the special relationships between our students and their grandparents and loved ones.
For those Grandparents and Special Friends who have registered, they may expect:
- On Monday, a special email release of pre-recorded classroom videos that will allow them to take a glimpse inside the day of an MPA student. In Lower School, we will send one or two videos per grade level. In Middle School, we will release one compilation video of several classes.
- On Monday and Tuesday, a special album on MPA’s Flickr page that will be updated regularly capturing photos and videos of happenings on campus.
- On Monday and Tuesday, regular Facebook posts that highlight the special relationship that our young people have with their grandparents and special friends.
- On Wednesday, a no classes day, we encourage families to reach out to their grandparents and special friends via phone, Zoom, or physically distanced outdoor visits.
- On Thursday, MPA’s Facebook page will feature a “flash back” to previous Grandparents and Special Friends Days on campus.
- Sometime during the week, a special hand-written note from their grandchild or special friend created on campus and mailed to their home.
We’re looking forward to sharing a joyful week with grandparents and special friends! If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Goetzke, assistant director of development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.