August 27, 2020
Arrival & Dismissal
We anticipated that this first week would be a little challenging and we are so grateful for everyone’s support and kind words! Internally, we are tweaking our processes and looking for opportunities to enhance the experience. We anticipate that it will get easier each day. Please know that every faculty, staff, and admin team member is available to assist students and make it as easy as possible for families! Let’s be safe, smart, and kind!
Here are some helpful tips and tricks …
- Please have the “green pass” email ready to show staff when you arrive. If you choose to park you will need to show your green pass to the staff as you walk your student to the door.
If you have students in multiple divisions, you need to drop off and pick up each one at their designated door (Lower School: Doors 1 and 2, Middle School: Doors 4 and 5, Upper School: Door 7).
- For arrival and dismissal, Lower School families should enter the drive thru off Larpenteur Avenue—this is the lane to the east that goes in front of Doors 1 and 2 (east driveway). Note there is no left-hand turn into this lane in the afternoon. Middle and Upper School families should enter the parking lot off Larpenteur—west driveway—and proceed toward the applicable door.
Dismissal will begin at 3 PM for students who will be picked up by families.
- Please have your child’s/children’s first and last name and grade on a sheet of paper highly visible to the sidewalk for dismissal. This will significantly speed up the process.
- Staff will be signaling teachers in waves to ensure physical distancing of students.
Students will be exiting the same door that they entered.
- If families choose to park in the parking lots they will need to wait until all the drive up lanes are clear before their child will be dismissed. We encourage all families to enter the drop off line rather than park.
Troubleshooting The Safety App
If you are having trouble logging in …
- If your temporary password is not working, please click “forgot my password” and a new password will be sent to your email.
- If you are using the Autofill option on your app and are unable to log in, please attempt to type in your email and password.
If the app is not loading …
- Please exit and log out of the app completely and reopen.
- If still not working, please uninstall and reinstall the app.
If you aren’t seeing your student’s name …
- Please make sure that you are typing in your student’s full name and not a nickname.
- Please enter enough letters for the pull down to connect you.
If you have tried all attempts listed above and are still having difficulties with the app please contact Jennifer Rogers, director of development and community engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.