April 14, 2022
Last Chance for Book Festival 2022
Tuesday, April 5-Sunday, April 17
Just a few more days of MPA’s beloved annual Book Festival! The goal is to promote the joy of reading and connect with the MPA community through our shared enjoyment of reading. Every purchase you make helps support our wonderful library, a great resource for both students and families.
- Make a Teacher’s Wish Come True: Look at your teacher’s wish list and buy books to donate to the classroom.
- Add to Your Library: To buy books from Valley Bookseller visit this link to place your order. Mention MPA in the order comments or when purchasing in person and 20% of the order will go back to the MPA Library. Visit this link to place an order with Usborne Books & More. Based on your purchases, the MPA Library will earn 50% of the sales back in FREE BOOKS!
- Library Poem: Enjoy this short poem by MPA third graders, written to express gratitude for our amazing library. Please download or stream the video here.
- Stories, Songs and Poems Read by the MPA Community: Our many fun book-centered activities include stories and songs to help unwind in the evening. MPA community members have recorded stories, songs and poems, including a new poem by the third grade! You can find the stories and poems here, and the bedtime stories and songs here. Download these stories and poems for easier viewing or to watch later on, or stream them.
- More Fun Activities: Check out how to draw a superhero here and then draw your own on the back of your Book Festival bookmark. Liz from Usborne Books gives a sneak peak of a wide variety of books including fiction, non-fiction and activity books here.
- Share your Favorite Books: We created a padlet board for sharing your favorite read. To add to the padlet board click here.
Gardening at MPA is Back!
Thursday, April 21 at 8 AM
Calling all those who want to spend some time outside, at MPA, in the gardens! Starting Thursday, April 21 after drop-off, you’re invited to spend time in the gardens tidying up, building, sowing, and spuddling around in the dirt. Come for a few minutes or stay for an hour or two. All are most welcome. We’ll meet outside under the flagpole at the Lower School entrance, with gardening tools in hand!
Connecting for Understanding: Creating a LGBTQ-Affirming Community
Monday, May 2 at 6:30 PM
Please join us for this all-school parent education event. We’ll host a panel of guest speakers who will discuss the evolving spectrum of gender identity and sexuality. More details and a zoom link will be shared in an upcoming Panther Post.
Save the Date! Tuesday, May 3, 2022
It’s National Teacher Appreciation Day and we are going to be baking in the Teaching Kitchen for an All Staff Appreciation event. Look for a Sign Up Genius starting next week. Contact Tara Lafferty with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.