March 15, 2023
Did you know that MPA has a highly-competitive and successful sailing team? While sailing is not an MSHL sport, and it is run as a club, not as a sport at MPA, our sailors have gone on to compete at the regional and national levels annually for many years. No experience or boat is needed to join, and all are welcome from grades seven through 12. Sailing is a lifelong sport that is both technical and physical and it is a great way to make friends from other schools.
- Practices are held starting April 4 (weather permitting) at White Bear Sailing School.
MPA’s team is coached and practices alongside sailors from Mahtomedi Public Schools, White Bear Public Schools, and other area schools.
- Practices are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:30-6:30 PM.
- Regattas are optional but encouraged and held on Saturdays on lakes and rivers throughout the Twin Cities.
- Sailing is a spring and/or fall sport and students can participate in one or both seasons.
Some personal gear is required to ensure safety on the water—some gear may be available to borrow.
- The cost is $500 per season and includes coaching and the use of boats and other equipment.
Registration and more information can be found here. If you have any questions, please reach out to team captain, Henry Seum at email@example.com or MPA’s sailing team advisor, Natalie Waters Seum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you on the water!