August 10, 2020
We recognize there are many details related to starting school this year that MPA families need to attend to.To help you stay organized, we are providing this handy checklist to ensure that you don’t miss any of the essential action items.
If you haven’t done so already, please complete any of the following tasks that are applicable to your family as soon as possible.
- Sign The Health And Safety Pledge. As a continuation of our shared school values, and desire to uphold our COVID-19 response guiding principles, MPA requests each family complete the MPA Health and Safety Pledge.
- Sign Up For Your Family’s Arrival Time. The arrival process and effective temperature screening is going to take time, and it is essential that families sign up for and adhere to their chosen arrival time. This was first shared on Tuesday, August 4.
- Sign Up For An Upper School Back To School Day. These student-only meetings are required for all grade 9 and 10 students and highly recommended for grade 11 and 12 students. If you have any questions or will not be able to attend your session, please contact Mark Segal, Upper School director.
- Mark Your Calendar For Middle School Back To School Days. If you have any questions or your child will not be able to attend their session, please contact Dr. Jenn Milam, Middle School director.
- Mark Your Calendar For Lower School Back To School Days. If you have any questions or your child will not able to attend their session, please contact Renee Wright, Lower School director.
- Sign Up For Transportation. MPA’s routes serving Highland/Saint Paul, North Oaks/Roseville, Stillwater/Lakeland, Woodbury, and Minneapolis will run as usual with 50% bus capacity and safety protocols. Please contact Janet Vue, student billing coordinator, to sign up. More information will be available soon regarding District 622 routes that are provided by the district.
- Contact Your Division Director If Your Child Is Not Able To Return To On-Campus Learning. Please contact your division today if your child is at risk and will not be returning to on-campus learning. We are working individually with families to meet their needs.
- Install The Safety App Powered By AUX. Watch your inbox early this week for an email to install the Safety App Powered by AUX. Learn more about this app and how it will help keep our community healthy and safe.
- Mark Your Calendars For This Week’s Virtual Division Town Halls. Information shared in these Town Hall meetings will support the written communication being shared regularly. Recordings will be distributed afterward should you not be able to attend. Please note that all new families are welcome to stay at the end of each of these to ask new family-specific questions.
- Review The Back To School Website. On this page, many answers to commonly asked questions are provided, along with details about MPA’s approach to going back to school this fall.